At Oxford, Nexus365 Teams has become our lifeline, helping all of us stay connected while we are away from our usual place of work or study.
New features available now
Microsoft are responding to feedback and continue to develop new features for Teams to support education. Keeping track of all the new functionality can be tricky, so here is an update on the latest features to be rolled out and some advance notice of what’s coming next.
More information about both of these features, and how to use them, is available on this Microsoft blog post.
Coming later this year
- Integrated whiteboard apps are being tested as we write this
- Virtual breakout rooms where participants can easily be called back to the main meeting, will also soon be available.
How to get Teams help and advice
For help and advice on Teams features and how to use them, any member of Oxford University can join the Nexus365 User Group and ask questions to the wider user group community. You'll also find tips, tricks, quick start guides and more. It’s easy to join:
- In Teams, go to 'Join or create a team' (at the bottom of your Teams list)
- Select 'Join a team with a code' and type in LNJVOFR
- Click 'Join team' and you're in!
To learn more, you can also join one of our courses, instructor-led or on LinkedIn Learning. Find out what's on at the IT Learning Centre.
If you've organised a Teams meeting, you can save a record of who attended. Here's how - download attendance reports in Teams.